It's easy to be greener and you save green! These are five things I am doing this year to be more green in the kitchen.
1. Unplugging any appliances that are not in use.Appliances that are plugged in, but not in use still draw energy
More Info: http://awesome.good.is/transparency/008/trans008vampireenergy.html
2. Making baby food.I will only use store bought baby food for travel, that way there is less packaging to recycle/discard.
3. Packing zero waste lunches for Rick.
I'm still working on this one, getting close though.
4. Double the use of the Aerogarden light.Since the Aerogarden provides so much light, I planted some more herbs in pots. I am also using water that would have gone down the sink to water the plants.
5. Use table top toaster oven instead of the big oven.I have a GREAT toaster oven that is small, but big enough to fit an entire frozen pizza. Love it!
More Info: http://www.thedailygreen.com/going-green/tips/toasters-energy