Friday, September 09, 2011

Gaaaar-Baaaaan-Zoe Snack


I cannot look at another salad. It's true. Thankfully, there are some very imaginative people out there that have created yummy and crunchy snack recipes for me to try. Today I made roasted rosemary garbanzo beans from the cookbook, "Cook Yourself Thin Faster: Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too." Yum!
I actually made two different versions, one where I removed the chickpea skins as the cookbook suggests and one where I left the skin on. Both had the same texture, I will leave the skin on in the future to save myself unnecessary work. Recipe 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 1/2 tsp. rosemary 1/4 tsp. salt 2 (15.5 oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss chickpeas in olive oil and salt mixture. Bake, shaking pans occasionally and rotating pans after 20 minutes, add rosemary and bake until chickpeas are browned and crisp, about 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments: