Saturday, February 13, 2021

Fish Stew

 I tried a fish stew recipe this week and made the stew in the instant pot and ladled it on top of portions of raw cod. 


I haven’t had Old Bay seasoning in sooooo long, that when I went to pull it out of the pantry, I found it had expired in 2015.  I still used it, but increased the dosage. The recipe called for diced tomatoes and I used a can of diced tomatoes.  When the stew was completed, it was very watery.  I ended up fishing (haha) out most of the potato chunks and using an immersion blender to purée the tomatoes and shallot bits. I ended up with a nice, thick stew to ladle over the cod.  Prior to consuming, I microwaved it for 3 min and let is sit to allow the heat to thorough cook the cod.  There were a couple times where I had to pop it back into the microwave for 30s.


This is the second recipe I’ve tried from the book “Dinner in a DASH” by Nancy Hughes.  Pretty good and worth making again!

No comments: