Thursday, December 10, 2020

I made these look goooood

 I made some failed sugar cookies for Halloween, so I went back to the Joy of Cooking recipe again. This is such a nice dough to work with, but quite bland. Definitely need to add lemon zest next time.  The shapes were super nice and the lines were crisp. I made royal icing for the first time in a while and this recipe from Sweetopia is amazing. Definitely a keeper. 

https://sweetopia.net/2012/01/royal-icing-recipe-free-illustrated-recipe/

It takes a while to make, but let the mixer do all the work.  I wanted to get vibrant colors and went crazy with the food coloring in the cookie dough and the icing. I am so very pleased with the results.  I’ll have to do this again when I have time/patience. 


Cookies are decorated and waiting to dry overnight.


One eyed snowman with my famous hot cocoa. I’ll have to put together a recipe in the future. 

No comments: