Sunday, January 17, 2010

Burger without the Bun

After staring at the ground sirloin and pork chops in the refrigerator for half an hour, I decided I was too lazy to make a brine for the pork chops. So, we had burgers for lunch with no bun, so really it was more of a burger salad. I keep referencing AllRecipes lately to find recipes for food. Today I tried the Tex-Mex Burger with Cajun Mayo. It was rather tasty, as usual I made a couple substitutions, but it turned out quite well, if not a tad dry. I also used Miracle Whip instead of mayo because Rick LOVES Miracle Whip. I added a frozen southwest vegetable mix to the frying pan after the burgers were done. The veggies picked up all the bits and pieces that were left on the bottom of the pan. Very flavorful. Can't say I'm dying to make this recipe again, but it wasn't bad.

Here's the top of the salad:

No comments: