Saturday, February 13, 2010

Suuuuper Healthy Pancakes

I woke up around 4AM with one thought in my head. Blueberry pancakes. Fluffy delicious blueberry pancakes. I made myself go back to sleep and woke up again around 6AM with the same thought in my head, so when I finally crawled out of bed at 7AM, I was on a mission. I looked up a whole wheat blueberry pancakes. I used the following recipe and since we have a GIANT container of whey protein, I added some powder to the pancakes. The batter turned out really thick and I had to add an extra milk.The pancakes were dense and chewy. They were so filling that I couldn't eat more than two pancakes.

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
Ingredients

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup whey protein powder
1 egg
1 1/4 cup milk, plus more if necessary
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup blueberries

Directions

1. Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and artificial sweetener in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened, add blueberries, and stir to incorporate.
2. Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.

No comments: