Sunday, October 04, 2009

Crazy About Competitions

The RCA has a student competition that is upcoming. It seems really cool and I would love for my team to become part of the finalist team. The competition consists of creating a Texan dish using beef as a main ingredient as a frozen dinner and compare it to a gold standard. The gold standard of a dish is cooked fresh and does not contain all the additives that you would normally include in a processed food because it is consumed immediately and does not have to survive freeze-thaw cycles as well as other things that occur during frozen storage including moisture migration from a dish that has liquids to another one that does not (think ice cream sandwiches). I am SO excited that I get to use my food science knowledge AND my recently found culinary skills.

No comments: