Saturday, August 29, 2009

Eating in a Woodland


The second restaurant I tried for Restaurant Week (!) was Cedar. Niam made reservations and when Willette and I walked in, we had some reservations about the place. It turned out to be an excellent choice. I posted the dishes I tried below. Once again, I only had an iPhone camera and none of the pictures would have done the food justice. The Market salad was wonderful, I ate almost every last kernel on the plate, the pork was cooked perfectly and I gobbled down the swiss chard, and oh(!) the dessert. The cake was nice and moist and the sorbet was an excellent complement. I didn't try the avocado sauce, but I'm sure it would have been delicious.

Appetizer
Market Lettuce Salad | fennel | corn | tomatoes | parmesan | mustard-tarragon vinaigrette

Entree
Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin | braised swiss chard | applewood bacon | roasted cherries

Dessert
Coconut Tres Leches Cake | avocado sauce | mango-coconut sorbet

No comments: