Monday, August 31, 2009

8.5

"On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate my dish?" Chef Michael asked me today after I inhaled half of the meal he had prepared for us (white Al and me). The thought, "Uh oh...should I artificially inflate the score, so he doesn't make my life a living hell?" flashed through my head. He had prepared a Peruvian dish with deep-fried steak strips, topped with fries and a tomato, miso, soy sauce err sauce with some boiled broccoli tossed in there. The name of the dish eludes me right now. It's pictured below: As the salt in the dish was altering the ion-balance in my body, I said, "8.5, it's a little salty." Mycomments were met with a very hurt, shocked, disturbed and insulted look from him. Oddly enough,Al gave him the same score and feedback independent of my opinions.

No comments: