Friday, August 28, 2009

First Stop for Restaurant Week

This week is Restaurant week, which means that people of the area can try fine dining restaurants for under $40 for dinner. I asked Chef Fleck what he would recommend for restaurant week, to which he replied, he doesn't eat out much anymore. He finally recommended DC Coast and Zola's (Nora's? not sure).
I made a reservation for 10:00PM on Opentable, which is my new best friend. We got there and circled around for another hour trying to find parking and finally got in about five minutes before the kitchen closed. The food was incredible! None my pictures could do the food justice. My fish came out slightly underdone and they grilled another one and packed up for me to take home.

Their partial menu for Restaurant week is posted below. I have put an asterix the ones that Willette and I ordered.

DINNER - $35.09
Includes your choice of the Appetizers listed below.

You may choose any of the Entrees on the Dinner Menu.

Appetizer Selections
Mixed Green Salad
Caesar Salad
Soup Du Jour
Heirloom Tomato and Melon Gazpacho
*Local Sweet Corn and Yellow Pepper Soup
Fried Green Tomatoes - Charred Eggplant Sauce, Cherry Tomato-Basil Compote

Dessert Selections
*Vermont Goat Cheese Cheesecake Brulee - Pistachio Croccante, Strawberry-Limoncello Compote
*Local Peach Crumble - Toasted Almond Anglaise
Warm Chocolate Cake - Spiced Blackberry Jam, Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce

No comments: