Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bittersweet Experience

I went to Old Town Alexandria today for a stroll. As I was wandering the streets, I found a menu littered on the ground. It was a bakery menu that had...CUPCAKES and it was on my way back to the car. I reached Bittersweet Bakery and almost walked past it because the shop front was so nondescript (or I am blind). I picked up a mini chocolate cupcake and Zico (an aseptically packaged carton of coconut water). The cupcake was ehh...very non memorable, I wouldn't purchase it again. I was hesitant about the coconut water because I had memories of being in Thailand as a child and forced to drink from a straw that was stabbed into a coconut. It was very pleasantly sweet (no sugar added, I might uhh add) and the flavor of the coconut was not overpowering.

No comments: