Friday, September 04, 2009

Final Destination

Cafe Atlantico was the last restaurant I went to for restaurant week. They actually extended their restaurant week menu an extra week. Rick and I sampled the dishes listed below. They actually served the braised beef with mashed potatoes. It was an excellent meal, I really enjoyed all the flavors. Unfortunately, after dinner before we left, I started to feel nauseous and the rest of my night did not go as well as the beginning. Of course you know food is good when it tastes good coming back up as it did going down (eww!). I didn't take any pictures, but I assure you the dishes were beautifully put together.

APPETIZERS

Heirloom Tomato Salad - watermelon, Cotija cheese, sherry dressing
Dominican Conch Fritters - jicama-avocado raviolis, passion fruit oil

ENTREES
Braised Beef Short Ribs
grilled eggplant, squash
or
Salmon, Veracruz Style
tomatoes, olives, onions, and capers
fresh lime and avocado

DESSERT

Warm Chocolate Cake
warm chocolate cake, banana
or
Passion fruit Sorbet

No comments: